– Strawberry jello – Cool Whip – Fresh strawberries – optional add-ins include whipped cream for topping, strawberry jam at the bottom, or mini marshmallows
1. Boil one cup water on stove top, and mix into bowl with jello powder in mixing bowl. 2. Add in one cup cold water and stir.
3. Chill jello, preferably in a shallow pan, for about 45 minutes. 4. Pour the jello into a large mixing bowl.
5. Mix the jello up vigorously, for about one minute. 6. Using an electric mixer is great for this step.
7. This breaks up any jello bits that have started to set, and adds air to the mix. 8. Then fold in the Cool Whip and then strawberries. Mix completely.
9. If you want to add in mini marshmallows, do it now. 10. Add them in about 1/2 cup at a time to make sure you don’t overdo it.
11. Transfer to a 9×13 pan for serving. 12. You can top with whipped cream and sliced strawberries if you prefer.
13. After the dish has chilled, dollop with some fresh whipped cream and a slice of strawberry.